Paul Pasco
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,342Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon V1 vs Olympus OM-D (EM 5)
In reply to Tord S Eriksson, Jun 14, 2012

Tord S Eriksson wrote:

olyflyer wrote:

normsmith wrote:

There must currently be 100's of posts from people who eagerly await the camera. In two months time, will we see a flurry of posts such as 'I have returned my OM-D for reasons blah blah blah' ?

I don't think that will ever happen, unless they will have some quality issues. I am pretty convinced that the OMD will be an excellent camera, in many ways better than the N1, except the size, weight and the price. If Olympus manages to deliver the expected volume and quality this camera will beat every currently available mirrorless and will set the standards. If they have solved the poor light AF issues, which even the N1 seriously suffers from, than it will be very competitive on the market. There will however always be people who will be complaining.

My wife's OM-D works flawlessly, but it uses up the battery pretty fast, and there are no spares on the market, original, or not. Been used in heavy rain, no problem!

My V1 works flawlessly, and doesn't use up batteries at all as fast as the OM-D, and there are plenty of extra batteries on the market. It, too, has been used in heavy rain, no problems (not supposed to be water-resistant).

No argument with anything you've said except where have you found "plenty of extra batteries on the market" for the V1?

My wife have taken shots in total darkness, with 100% accurate focusing - that would not be possible with my V1, I think (have not tried it). She used the AF lamp, of course.

-- hide signature --

tord (at) mindless (dot) com

-- hide signature --

Regards, Paul

Lili's Dad

Paul Pasco's gear list:Paul Pasco's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28 Nikon D50 Nikon D300 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 J1 +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Bob,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow