Started Jun 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lance B
Forum ProPosts: 26,551Gear list
Like?
Boss Strap camera strap
Jun 14, 2012

I just purchased a Boss Strap camera strap for my D800 and I must say that so far it looks and works great and is very comfortable to wear. Works on a similar principle to Black Rapids in that you sling the camera over your shoulder but instead of using the camera's tripod socket to attach the strap, it uses the left eyelet where you would normally attach the left side of standard camera strap.

The beauty of this system for me is that you do not have your tripod socket taken up with a camera strap and therefore have to remove it every time you use a tripod. The other advantage is that the camera doesn't hang upside down at your side, but with the grip side facing down at ready at your fingertips when adjusted to the correct height. This means that it is right at your fingertips moreso than the other type straps and is easier to control when walking along as you can leave your hand on the camera's grip easier. Also, the strap is made of soft seat belt material which, IMO, is more comfortable than normal straps and conforms to you rather than just sitting on you.

Also, without the need for a padded shoulder part, like the Black Rapid and Sun Sniper type straps, there is no tendency for that padded part to slip off the shoulder and then having to continually adjust it back up again. I notice that whilst you are walking around the BR and SS type straps are good whilst there is the downward force of the camera applied to the strap, but when you crouch or bend over to take a shot and the weight is taken off the strap, the strap loops out and the shoulder pads tend to fall and move off the shoulder requiring you to readjust it back up again.

I do not work or have no affiliation with Boss Strap. I just like this product! What's more, it's only US$39.95!!

You can see their site here:
http://www.bosstrap.com/
--
Lance B
http://www.pbase.com/lance_b

Lance B's gear list:Lance B's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 500mm f/4G ED VR +12 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow