A77: Clicking sound when turned off

Started Jun 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
iHedo
Regular MemberPosts: 199Gear list
Like?
Re: A77: Clicking sound when turned off
In reply to EvilHomerClone, Jun 14, 2012

I thought I'm the only one experiencing it and I don't even read anything about it even on manual. Just the vibration to remove dust and not the aperture to click. I am using SAL1650 and I do not experience this every time.

Thanks for the replies,
iHedo

EvilHomerClone wrote:

are you referring to the little shake/rattle it does at the end?? If so, i'm under the impression its the sensor shaking off any particles that might have attached to it.

I am referring to the clicks of the lens or the aperture, sometimes I encounter it not just the vibration caused by mirror cleaning.

alpha604 wrote:

You are seeing and hearing the lens park itself, coupled with the high frequency vibration to shake off dust from the sensor.

Oh the lens parks it self... Why does the lens do that? I don't have any delays after turning may camera off and most of the time it just vibrates but it's like every week I encounter this once a week maybe.

Kilrah wrote:

Mine does that sometimes, even on 1.05 (except the delay is gone, it's right after you flipped the switch).

Haven't been able to find out exactly when and why, it just sometimes shuts down by moving focus to infinity/shaking sensor and that's it, and sometimes also cycling aperture like described in this video. Just assumed it was normal.

Same here, no idea at all and I think it is not that bad but I'm curious what could be the cause of it and why. Good thing some people know what it is, but some does not experience this as stated by Simelane. Hmm....

iHedo's gear list:iHedo's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony 50mm F1.4 Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow