First DSLR on a budget..Nikon or Canon?

Started Jun 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Russell Fielding
Regular MemberPosts: 160
Like?
Re: First DSLR on a budget..Nikon or Canon?
In reply to baloo_buc, Jun 13, 2012

The first thing: getting a dSLR won't necessarily improve your photography, merely the image quality of your pictures - meaning it won't improve your composition and also you're unlikely to always have it with you like a compact. Since getting a dSLR I feel I've actually gone a bit downhill although my knowledge has increased quite a lot. Mustn't be putting it into phypractise.

The best thing I did and the thing that improved me a lot (whilst still only having a compact camera) was to attend a course. And I see that's what you're doing.

I don't know if it's possible to ascertain the best camera system for your style of photography until you've been doing it a few years. I still wouldn't have a clue about that now. Surely the two huge players in the market, Nikon and Canon will be much of a muchness re what's available in terms of lenses etc. 3 or so years back I went to make a choice between the Canon 40D and the Nikon D90. The Canon was older and perhaps not quite as good in terms of what it could do but the grip on the Canon and the position of the shutter was much more comfortable for my hand.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow