Started Jun 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Adjuster
Contributing MemberPosts: 873Gear list
Like?
New Retina Mac vs. Year Old Mac with high-res antiglare screen
Jun 13, 2012

Went to a Mac store to see if there was any advantage to upgrading to a new Retina Mac. I was surprised to find no visible difference between the Retina and the high-res antiglare screen when looking at a Aperture jpeg or raw file straight on. The salesman pointed out that the angle of view is much wider on the Retina, but I don't need that all the time.

The 15-inch MacBook Pro comes with a 1,440-by-900-pixel LED-backlit, glossy display. You can also choose a high-resolution, 1,680-by-1,050 glossy or anti-glare display that gives you 36 per cent more pixels for a total of 1.76 million pixels. Retina has 5.1 million pixels.

Don't know how the gamuts compare. Didn't have enough time to check that out, but I no longer have the urgent need to replace my year-old laptop which has two drives: SSD and a 1-tb harddrive.

Adjuster's gear list:Adjuster's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow