Is anybody using the Voigtländer 50 mm/1.1 Nokton M?

Started Jun 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Great Bustard
Forum ProPosts: 20,788
Like?
Re: While I'm sure...
In reply to bobn2, Jun 13, 2012

bobn2 wrote:

Great Bustard wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

Great Bustard wrote:

As computing power goes up, it's easier to design sharper lenses, within manufacturing limitations.

For prime lenses computing power passed the boundary of 'more than enough' a long time ago. The big area of progress is mechanical CAD, with such things as automatic tolerance analysis, mould shrinkage simulation and so on, which allows the lens mounts to be designed to a much closer and manufacturable tolerance. Tighter tolerances in the mount mean that the lenses' optical formula can be less resistant to manufacturing variation and the extra degrees of freedom applied to better IQ. It's one reason why Cosina sticks to MF for both the Voigtlander and Zeiss product lines, mechanically it is a much simpler design job, and they can design and build a new MF prime in juts a few weeks.

...your analysis was spot-on, I found I was unable to concentrate on anything past the point you mentioned "shrinkage simulation".

That suggests a certain rigidity of thought on your part.

I expected as much from someone whose arguments are not straight-up, but instead based on phallusies.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow