Misc photos from walking the Dog this AM

Started Jun 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
chris baron
New MemberPosts: 14
Like?
Re: Read this
In reply to Steve_in_FL, Jun 13, 2012

Chris, Nick and Steve, thanks very much for your replies. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, but I've been crushed work wise and had no time for anything remotely enjoyable.

Chris,

I'll definitely have to see about trying early/later in the day to capture the light at its finest. Daytime is less than ideal. The dog won't mind what time we head out, just that we do. I'll have to work on really getting dirty to obtain some different perspectives.

Nick, I had seen that book but this one http://www.amazon.ca/Bryan-Petersons-Understanding-Photography-Field/dp/0817432256/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339622253&sr=8-1 as well and wound up purchasing the ebook for it. It appeared to combine the bits from a few of his books. So far I'm liking it a lot. I might yet get Understanding Exposure as well.

Steve, that is precisely why I'm happy I truly enjoy taking pictures and know that it'll remain a lifelong passion. I've been to some pretty awesome destinations (headed to China this fall in fact) and have snapped thousands of pics but few truly great ones. Though I've had the D50 for nearly 7 years now I've really been using it as a glorified P&S rather than unleashing its potential. I'm trying to really hone my skills a bit (such as they are, and such as I can do in a few short months) in anticipation of the China trip. More than likely it will be a once in a lifetime trip.

Again, thanks very much for the encouragement and advice. Much appreciated.

Cheers,
Chris

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow