E-3 Problem

Started Jun 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
goblin
Senior MemberPosts: 2,507Gear list
Like?
Re: E-3 Problem
In reply to lbuglinbilly, Jun 13, 2012

No expertise involved

Just opened this thing in an image viewer. It was shot at 1/640 for f3.0 and ISO 100. That's pretty much on the edge for such a shaded area.

The dark picture is shot a +0.3 exposure bias, while the "good" one is shot at +0.7. Those are in camera settings, so I'd say there has definitely been some accidental wheel turning involved.

Spot metering was used on both, but Viewer doesn't allow me to see which part of the image was focused on and metered.

Other than the +0.3 EV and +0.7 EV difference, a reason for underexposure might be the specific case where you don't have your eye completely on the viewfinder, and some strong source of light is directly behind you. I've seen that happening on my E5.

Can you post the last dark image ?

In any event, I wouldn't worry about it much. It seems pretty specific to this photo session, not a camera problem.

goblin's gear list:goblin's gear list
Ricoh GXR P10 28-300mm F3.5-5.6 VC Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-330 Olympus E-400 +31 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow