EXIF data for HDR images on NEX-7

Started May 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Morrie
Regular MemberPosts: 110
Like?
Re: EXIF data for HDR images on NEX-7
In reply to Mark_McD, Jun 13, 2012

Well, sure, I should be happy enough that it can do in-camera HDR at all. My point is that the whole purpose of metadata is supposed to give you information about your shot, so you don't have to carry around a notebook, so it would be reasonable to expect that as cameras do new and wonderful things, they would record metadata about all those settings. Is this an invalid assumption?

So OK, I thought, it doesn't bother to save HDR information -- that's fine. But what surprised me was to find out it really does save HDR information on the SD card -- somewhere. It just doesn't write it to the file.

Philosophically, metadata is supposed to tell you what the camera settings were for the shot, for documentation purposes. If it gives no indication that it was an HDR shot, it basically lies, as nobody could duplicate that same shot in the same conditions, with the settings indicated.

Anyway, I was hoping some clever soul has found out where on the SD card the HDR status of an image is stored. Then perhaps I could write a little tool to extract and save it along with my photos.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow