Second D90 arrives... back-focus again ;-)

Started Jun 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Danel
Senior MemberPosts: 2,904Gear list
Like?
The problem is clear
In reply to Barry Fitzgerald, Jun 13, 2012

Barry Fitzgerald wrote:

And it's suffering from severe back focus just like the first body.

The good news is I have a body to use the first serviced D90 which is doing fine at least so far.

The bad news is I think the QC at Nikon's factory is left rather wanting (I'm being kind and restrained here) You could argue that if I bought a body with AF fine tune I'd be ok, but the AF is so far off even that wouldn't tame it.

It's not even close, almost as if someone shut their eyes and just twiddled a bit in the vague hope of calibrating the AF.

Serial number is a newer than the last D90 I got end of Jan, but I'd wager these are the last runs of the D90 at the factory.

Obviously Nikon has been following your forum posts in first the Sony DSLR forum and now this one, and has put out the word: If any dealer gets an order from Barry Fitzgerald, or if he walks into a store to buy a Nikon camera, be sure to sell him the one with the bad focus issue to try to drive him into the Canon camp.

I'm kidding Barry, just kidding. I'm sorry you're having issues with your cameras.

Danel's gear list:Danel's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD800 IS Canon PowerShot G15 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow