Started Jun 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Raist3d
Forum ProPosts: 31,973Gear list
Like?
Re: Eh?
In reply to Pete_CSCS, Jun 13, 2012

Pete_CSCS wrote:

Raist3d wrote:

Did you miss I already said I think the e-7 is coming?

No. I caught it, but a year or two ago when we were discussing it, you felt that 4/3rds was finished and I said there would be an E-7 if Oly couldn't yet package all those E-5 features into a m4/3rds camera.

I said what I said and I stand by it on the basis of what Olympus was saying at the time. If Olympus changes their mind I report what I see accordingly. To me one is based on facts and the other based on something else.

But what else to say? That it's good that Olympus officially is breaking their ambiguity and looks like they changed their mind?

Yes.

This could still be token 4/3 support which as said would be fine with an e-7 with an em5 sensor.

Still that's better than nothing.

Again, that's sort of what I just said.

Yes micro is their future. They got into DSLRs late and never came close to catching Canikon but with Pany they got into mirrorless first and are doing quite well. Olympus should have learned their lesson from ending the OM SLRs and leaving their customers high-and-dry. Until they can make the 4/3rds to m4/3rds transaction seamless, they might as well make their old and new customers happy.

Guys like you got me so wrong but that's not new.

Cheeeeeee! I never get you wrong. I'm your friend, remember? What happened to your sense of humor?

Do you still use your Oly equipment now and then?

Yes.

I can see you getting into a future E-M7. Pentax's mirrorless offerings don't seem to be up your alley so far.

I am not sure how exactly you can qualify that. That also assumes I am going to pick a mirror less camera. As for current mirror less I like the EM5. I also like the Q a lot. At some point I just want to focus more on photography and less on "upgrading." I have a k-5 after all.

Plus micro has the most and best glass.

Best glass of what? It all depends what you are doing.

-- hide signature --

Stay Well,
Pete K.

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- "You are taking life too seriously if it bugs you in some way that a guy quotes himself in the .sig quote" - Ricardo

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Eh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow