X-Pro 1 = "Digital" Contax G2

Started Jun 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Warfie 35
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
Re: X-Pro 1 = "Digital" Contax G2
In reply to George Paulides, Jun 13, 2012

I've been shooting many years with my beloved G2. I moved to digital just once I was able to spot a camera that, at list by the specs, could give me the same pleasure taking pictues.

After 3 month with my X-Pro 1 I can say that I was correct, from my point of view, it is actually the digital G2, from all the point of view you described.
Concerning quirks I think there is a difference in the AF speed in dim lights.

G2 had both passive (contrast) and active (IR sensors) AF systems, where the passive was weak (dim light condition) the active came out. Fuji X-Pro 1 has only passive AF so while it has the same G2 performances in day light, it is slower in dim light.

Anyway if you have a G2 solid experience you can manage it, finding the right spot to get focus fast (vertical contrasted lines).

Lenses are very good, I have only 18mm and the amazing 35mm, last one is pretty close to the Zeiss lenses for the Contax G.

I'm waiting for the 14mm to find if it is at least close to the masterpiece, the Biogon 21mm. This would made the X-Pro 1 a real "digital G2"

Cheers.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow