Terrible Experience buying X100 from an amazon seller. Please Help!!

Started Jun 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
mr moonlight
Senior MemberPosts: 1,501
Like?
Re: Terrible Experience buying X100 from an amazon seller. Please Help!!
In reply to The Developer, Jun 13, 2012

The Developer wrote:

Davidgilmour wrote:

And Fuji - the proud manufacturers they are - might charge you $700 to fix this issue.

They gave me two options.
1) They will reluctantly fix it for $700 + shipping
or
2) I should call Fuji Australia and see whether they can repair it.

The conversation went like this...
So, is it a known manufacturing defect?
Yes Sir.
So, it was made by Fuji?
Yes Sir
So, you cannot repair it?
No, because the camera was meant for Australian Market.
But it is made by you and the problem is on your side...

Sir, since it is a known manufacturing defect we would fix it out of warranty and we would fix it even if you buy it used as long as you have the original buyer's receipt and the receipt you got from the seller. However, we would do that for cameras made for US market only.

Ok, thanks for all your help;)

-- hide signature --

-thedeveloper

That's pretty impressive that they would straight up tell you that they would repair it out of warranty, even if you bought it used as long as you just had the receipt.

If the camera was purchased from BigValueInc. They are a fairly reputable Ebay seller, and they make it pretty clear that they are a gray market dealer. If I'm not mistaken they have a 1 year warranty on all their products as well. Not all gray market dealers are shady, but it's still gray market. Not sure how they deal with warranties, but they may hold the original receipts so they can send it in to the manufacturer for repair. So it is possible to still get it fixed under warranty through them.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow