I need a Nikon 14-24 Reality Check

Started Jun 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Funduro
Contributing MemberPosts: 964Gear list
Like?
Re: I need a Nikon 14-24 Reality Check
In reply to Lance B, Jun 13, 2012

LOL I'm also in the UWA zoom indecision zone.

Own Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII, Nikkor 50mm F/1.4 AI-S and D700. My primary UWA use will be landscape, architecture and industrial objects. Have spent countless hours reading comments, test specs and conclusions. Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8(resolution) leads the race. In second place the Tokina 16-28mm f/2.8(great value) followed by the Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G VR(currently backordered). Would like to use filters so the Tokina out, same issue with the Nikkor 14-24mm, plus someone made a comment about been frightened in having $2,000 of glass sticking out waiting to be damaged. Flare, did I mention the Nikkor 14-24mm loves flare? Nikkor 16-35mm VR f/4 makes sense if using in locations where tripod is not allowed or impractical, but resolution suffers(BIG negative). Nikkor 16-35 has no N coating and is older design, but will most likely be the one. It comes down to making the happy compromise and filling in the CC # on the order page.
--
FYI avatar image is by Steve McCurry

Funduro's gear list:Funduro's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Olympus XZ-1 Nikon D700 Nikon D300S Nikon D800 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow