Like?
Re: OMD Black VS Silver
In reply to Paul Shields, Jun 12, 2012

Paul Shields wrote:

Brian Caslis wrote:

David43Fan wrote:

The black wears off, see: http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20482

Does the silver too? Anyone?

I guess I'm blind because all I see in those photos is close-ups of connectors. Those connectors have the bare metal, I don't see any evidence of the paint itself coming off. Seems like a whole thread about absolutely nothing.

It looks like the wear is on the edge of the body where the USB/HDMI cover sits. As that edge is very sharp I guess it's not surprising. Not sure what could cause that wear though. Personally I've yet to remove the rubber cover to access those ports. I can certainly see how it could could rub off the paint though. Anything that is that pointed is bound to be more susceptible.

I agree but the "wear" area is a microscopic sliver right in the connector slot itself unless people are mistaking the silver at the base of the connector. Way out of proportion for the amount of complaints in that thread.

Brian Caslis's gear list:Brian Caslis's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow