Started Jun 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dkatlanta
Forum MemberPosts: 96
Like?
Informal X1-X2 Comparison
Jun 12, 2012

My X2 arrived today. I took it out of the box, inserted a battery and SD card from my X1, took some snapshots around my office, and loaded the JPG's onto Aperture. At first blush, the photos seemed to lack the sharpness and "sparkle" of shots from my X1. I then tried my best to replicate the same shots with the X1. Sure enough, it seemed apparent that the X1 shots were sharper and, to my eye, had more accurate color. As others have remarked, there seems to be a sight camera shake effect with the X2. The X2 JPG's also seemed to have a blue cast.

As far as I could tell, all settings were identical. Auto ISO, auto white balance, auto aperture and shutter speed. "Standard" setting for Preset Film, Sharpening, Saturation, Contrast.

Image stabilization was off on both cameras for these shots. I later tried turning the X2's image stabilization on, but it doesn't seem to help.

There are some notable improvements in the X2's operation, but if the IQ is worse, it's hardly an upgrade. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Leica X1 Leica X2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow