K5 Back Focus issue solved

Started Jun 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
il_alexk
Senior MemberPosts: 1,940Gear list
Like?
Re: K5 Back Focus issue solved
In reply to muratscott, Jun 12, 2012

muratscott wrote:

... I still am afraid to mess up with the precise AF values of all of my about 10 lenses including two FA primes .I've spent so much time for AF adjustment on each of them and I don't want to ruin it all...I'll do some more web search and then make an attempt to correct my Tamron...
Any tips and help are welcome...

10 um in the debug mode is equal to 1 step in AF micro-adjustments; it should be easy to readjust your lenses without re-calibration.

You simply need to deduct the Debug AF correction value from all AF corrections of your lenses (divided by 10). For example, Debug AF correction of +40 is easily compensated with AF adjustment of -4.

This however implies some limits for the range of the AF corrections in the Debug menu. If you use too much of the correction in the Debug mode, you won't be able to compensate it for all your glass.

Say, all corrections for your lenses are within -2 to +4 range. This would limit the Debug mode corrections to be within the range from (-10+4)*10=-60um to (10-2)*10=+80um.

Enjoy and good luck.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Alex

il_alexk's gear list:il_alexk's gear list
Pentax K-5 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow