Pic of my son with the A57 + Tamron 70-300

Started Jun 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shield3
Senior MemberPosts: 2,430Gear list
Like?
Re: Looks good at first glance, but...
In reply to 123Mike, Jun 12, 2012

Have you tried different levels of the focus assist? I set it it low I believe, which seems to be more accurate for me.

I have several lenses and an A-57. Would you like me to do some tests for you in AF mode to see if mine is backfocusing?

I don't really have that many that are out of focus; just many shots that aren't really keepers. I do more video than pics with this anyway.

123Mike wrote:

Good morning Mike. I focused on his face, not the helmet. To be honest with you I think I was in MF mode, so sorry to disappoint you and your backfocus theory.

How do you manage to focus so well manually? Surely, you must have a lot of shots that come out badly focused? I've tried from time to time. I'm finding focus peaking grossly inaccurate. Using the zoom preview thing is very hard, especially hand held.
What's the percentage of successfully focused shots, when you use MF, roughly?

Shield3's gear list:Shield3's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow