Started Jun 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John Mason
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,633Gear list
Like?
Hiking Tripod Suggestions with EM5?
Jun 12, 2012

3 boxes arrived today. (waiting at home for when I get home!)

Snagged an EM5 from Precision Camera in Austin on a lucky call to the store (did not have one on order)

Got the 12 (amazon) and a 25 1.4 (ebay), but oddly the 45 from Amazon did not ship and has no ship date so cancelled that and reordered from Bhphoto. So tomorrow should have the holy trinity to play with.

Got a poloraizer filter and grip on the way. Batteries (for Oympus ones) look impossible to get still.

I've got a week long trip to the smokey's next week. Any suggestions for light but capable (em5 is a light camera) hiking tripods?

I've got a pretty light Monfrotto 4 section carbon I've used for years with my FF Canon's and 4/3rds caemras but thinking with the EM5 I should be able to go smaller and lighter and still have enough stability for some waterfall pics.

Any thoughts on an EM5 + 12mm appropriate small light tripod?
--
John Mason - Lafayette, IN

http://www.fototime.com/inv/407B931C53A9D9D

John Mason's gear list:John Mason's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 7-14mm 1:4.0 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-35mm 1:2.0 SWD Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +5 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow