? Best Nikon teleconverter

Started Jun 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
Londongal
Senior MemberPosts: 1,816
Like?
Re: ? Best Nikon teleconverter
In reply to greenmanphoto, Jun 12, 2012

greenmanphoto wrote:

Nice shots, Londongal, and I'm glad to see someone caring for crows! Going further off-topic, if you like crows so much, and if you like fantasy fiction, try reading a fellow Canadian named Charles de Lint. He has some stories that revolve around a couple of characters called the Crow Girls, as well as others. Check him out at http://www.charlesdelint.com , if you're so inclined!

Totally inclined!!! Thanks so much for the link. At the site, found MaryAnn Harris' song "Crow Girls" and love, love, love it! ("Tell me who is more free at the end of the day..." MaryAnn Harris)

I took some pics of the crows yesterday with the D800 + 70-200 @200mm. One of them (Clara) allows me to come quite close to her with the camera. AT 200mm her body filled about 2/3 of the frame. In Lightroom at 8:1, her eye reflects me and a couple of houses on our street. Mind boggling resolution!

It took a while for Clara to be comfortable with the noise of the D800's shutter. At first it startled her enough to frighten her away. Wish the shutter was a bit quieter, as this was never an issue with my D300.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow