Having a horrible time with E-M5 ergonomics

Started Jun 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
Timur Born
Senior MemberPosts: 3,665
Like?
Re: playback - fast zoom to AF area?
In reply to blosshapperter, Jun 12, 2012

blosshapperter wrote:

Another interesting point is: when you are in one stage of this merry-go-round there is a iconic entry at the bottom center of the screen
-> [ :)] OK

which looks much like 'press OK to jump to detected faces' or similar - but pressing OK doesn't do anything. Well...

Yes, it does jump to a face in the image and even does so if the focus point is somewhere else. If it doesn't do that for you then maybe it couldn't detect the face in your image?

Coming back to the subject line: have you found a way to jump to proper magnification and position of area used for autofocus decision?

By default it always jumps to the focus area by pressen Fn1. Even if you change the position it will jump back to the focus area by cycling through again (Fn1).

If you want the whole image displayed and a box where the focus area is then you need to go to normal playback view and press INFO until you reach the proper view (the one with the histograms).

I've also seen that sometime a frame is displayed in other views also - signifying either the current zoom setting or AF area but I am not sure which one of those two. Additionally I haven't yet figured out how to toggle this frame on and off.

Try INFO while not being in magnified view.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow