Started Jun 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
seanleephoto
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Retina Display, but no matte option?
Jun 12, 2012

I was pretty disappointed to find that the new retina display doesn't come with the option for a matte display. Maybe that's their way of selling the screen (typical consumers would find a matte display, that is typically associated with "dull" colors, would contradict a beautiful, colorful retina display.) This is a deal breaker for me. I was really looking forward to having a beautiful display on my computer, but if I have to deal with looking at a reflection of my face instead of my photos, I'm gonna have to say, "no." I realize I could probably have somebody switch out the gloss screen for a matte screen, but with the retina MBP ridiculous price, I don't think that's reasonable.

I think I'm gonna get the 15" MBP with the hi-res, matte screen and get a (somewhat small) SSD drive and install it myself (side question: does anyone think that is a bad idea? If I store the photos I'm not editing on a separate hard drive, would a small SSD [maybe 128 or 256GB] be okay?).

Anyone care to tell me why I'm stupid?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow