Buying 60d with kit lens, opinions please.

Started Jun 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ElCap
New MemberPosts: 9
Like?
Buying 60d with kit lens, opinions please.
Jun 12, 2012

Looking to buy the 60D but would like some opinions

Im thinking to either buy with the EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM or the EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens Kit. Which is the better lens?

Another idea was just to buy the body and the 50mm 1.8 seperately. Main use for camera intially will be to photograph the kids and I have read this is good for portraits.

I am also looking at adding a new lens further down the line, the EF 70-200mm f/4.0 L USM Lens. Maybe buying without a kit lens will save some £ so I could purchase this sooner but thats not a major issue, I can wait longer for this lens if need be.

Im pretty new to dslr photography, got an old 300d I have used now and again. Would the 60D be too advanced for me. Looking for a camera that will last for a long time and something I could grow in to and learn a lot as I get better.

Been reading reviews on the 60d for a while and I kinda have my heart set on it now.

Thanks.

Canon EOS 300D (EOS Digital Rebel / EOS Kiss Digital) Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow