Help with a gift, please.

Started Jun 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Martin Ocando
Senior MemberPosts: 2,561Gear list
Like?
Re: Help with a gift, please.
In reply to steve16823, Jun 12, 2012

Finally!!!

It was I that did wrong in the first place. I should have said that I'll "give her permanently" the 14-42mm, because, since I got my 20mm, I rarely use it. And if I ever need wider than 20mm, I'll have the 14mm that came with the GF3 available. capisce?

I also mentioned sharing lenses later on, and I do have a couple of MF M42 lenses, a Takumar 55mm f:1.8 and a Carl Zaiss Jena Flektogon 35mm f:2.4 that she can use freely.

steve16823 wrote:

I think some people are misinterpreting Martin's intent (or perhaps I am). He used the word "borrow" but I think his intent is closer to "gift" or "permanent loan" since he admits he rarely uses the 14-42. So, no need to buy another kit lens if he has one he's not using, right?

I've never owned either camera and know almost nothing about the GF3 so I'm not much help on the original question, although the first thing that came to mind is that you should stick to Panasonic which will make it much easier for you to help her out since you use a G3.

jeffharris wrote:

FIRST:
Give her her own camera and her own lens!

Doing anything different sends a really, REALLY crappy message. If you suggest possibly SHARING lenses with her at some point, that's a different story. That could be a lot of fun.

-- hide signature --

Martin Ocando
-------------------------

Martin Ocando's gear list:Martin Ocando's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow