Started Jun 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ukmark62
Regular MemberPosts: 157
Like?
FZ150 - Auto ISO or Intelligent ISO?
Jun 12, 2012

I have read the manual regarding intelligent iso, and understand that it can adjust the iso and shutter speed to account for subject movement and brightness, and that these values can change up to the moment the shutter is pressed etc - also, intelligent iso will allow up to ISO 1600 and auto iso allows up to ISO 800 by default. Apparently Auto ISO is only concerned with brightness (and not subject movement), if I read the manual correctly.

My question is:- how many FZ150 owners use Auto ISO and how many use Intelligent ISO? Also, does anybody have any strong opinion as to one being better than the other? (I have tried both and haven't noticed any difference so far - but I have not done any extensive testing).

In theory, it would appear that intelligent ISO would be slightly better since the shutter speed (and ISO level?) is not fixed on shutter half-press, as is the case with Auto ISO, and these values are changeable up to the point the shutter is pressed.

I tried to search the forums for any posts covering this but could not find anything specific.

Thanks.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow