Started Jun 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
TrojMacReady
Senior MemberPosts: 8,364
Like?
Dreams.
In reply to Meshuggah, Jun 12, 2012

Meshuggah wrote:

TrojMacReady wrote:

the point you are avoiding as well is that no algorithm can atm select just noise to remove, thus you lose detail in the process.

i never said i would use that to reduce noise, im responding to the many posts claiming noise is reduced by downsampling. this is what they 24mp users say when confronted with the superiority of the 16mp models, and im here saying they are wrong. even after downsampled, cameras like the a57 and nex5n are much less noisy than the 24mp options. in other words, if you have to shoot over iso800, the 16mp models are better.

Be sure to write your amazing findings to DXOmark and the likes. They could learn so much from your amazing theories.

im glad you have that much faith in dxomark, bc they rate the k5 IQ above any apsc. its iven ranked two places over the 5DIII. yep thats a $3500 FF and the K5 is rated above it for the only thing that really matters with a picture, image quality. even the entry lvl D3200 is rated above every sony model. every single one. how does that happen? the entry lvl D3200 has better IQ than the $2000 a77???? wow. yea i trust dxomark, they tell it like it is.

You must have missed the part where they called the RAW files cooked. Only the clueless look at their "scores" rather than the measurements and remarks. And only dreamers fail to realize there's more to a camera than these measurements still.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow