And now for something completely different!

Started Jun 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Timur Born
Senior MemberPosts: 3,751
Like?
Re: LOL, nice idea!
In reply to DonParrot, Jun 12, 2012

DonParrot wrote:

Thanks for the hints regarding the colours. I've only got these problems since I purchased my new monitor a few weeks ago, that offers SRGB mode, Adobe RGB mode and so on. But I absolutely don't understand why the pic saved here at DP review looks far duller on my screen than the one saved at flickr - as I'm using firefox just like Timur Born and he says that he doesn't see any differences.

May well be that one of those images is using your display's AdobeRGB profile even when you set the display to sRGB (the profile doesn't know what you switch to on the display itself). My display is sRGB only and thus using a sRGB profile.

Now when Firefox displays the AdobeRGB image on my sRGB profiles monitor it may convert the image to sRGB. This could lead to different results compared to a native sRGB image, but when I did the quick comparison (switching back and forth) I did not see anything obvious.

On your AdobeRGB capable screen Firefox may use the wider gamut of your screen as provided by the profile. Even if you are using a dedicated "sRGB" mode on the screen it very likely still uses a wider gamut. These mode presets are mostly off by a good amount.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow