ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BlueTrain
Forum MemberPosts: 57
Like?
Paper types
Jun 12, 2012

Hi all,

I have recently taken the plunge into printing and framing my own photography. I have a pixma 9500 printer and have printed off a few test photos using Marrutt (formerly Ilford, I think) gloss paper. The results are pretty satisfying, but I am happy to admit I am rather ignorant of the vagaries of the printing world and am looking for some advice on what types of paper suit particular types of art best.

I also have a sample pack of paper from Marrutt which includes pearl, gloss, satin, etc. I'm a bit overwhelmed.

I know the best way to understand the differences is probably just to try and see what looks best. But does anyone have any pointers to give me a head start?

For example, is there a particular paper type that is considered best for black & white? for colour? Do the different paper types respond better to certain hanging locations? Is there a type of paper that would suit my Canon printer better than others? Should I be using a colour profile?

If i'm asking daft questions as well then apologies, please let me know if i'm barking up the wrong tree!

Thanks,
Tom

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow