MacBook Pro Retina has SOLDERED MEMORY!!!

Started Jun 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Birdman7
Contributing MemberPosts: 863Gear list
Like?
MacBook Pro Retina has SOLDERED MEMORY!!!
Jun 12, 2012

What a disgrace!! Im a long-time Apple buyer and I get the feeling seemed to have forgetten the in-house pro who require a lot of RAM in their machiness by limiting the RAM to 16gb! Even though that mite be enough for a lot of ppl, sure not for other who like me regularly use CS5/6, aperture, and other applications at the same time, whilst also dealing with huge psd files etc. They seem to have built the new macbook Pro for those on the move and do do their editting both in their house and elsewhere, fine, but why limit it to that?? And why decomission the 17" MBP??? I have a 2009 17" MBP and was looking 4wrd to purchasing the same with retina display, thunderbolt, USB3.0 etc, now Apple says I can have the new retina 15" or nothing at all, bad bad Apple!! If i travel, my 17" is light enought have a decentmworkable screen to edit files, 15 is too small for me.

http://macperformanceguide.com/

Why shudnt one have the option like before to upgrade the RAM OF hiIs/her machine and why on earth have they forgetten the Mac Pro with a measly processor upgrade and no USB3.0 or thunderbold. If the current Mac Pro chipset dosent support that why on earth havnt they upgraded that too??

They are forgetting that even though they are making these decision due to consumer demand, a lot of consumers are also demanding pros, and im sure a lot of them DO NOT want a small laptop they cannot customize at their free-will post-purchase with whatever components they want. Feels like they are forcing consumers to buy apple-parts from the onset and cripple 3rd party part manufacturers!

Dissapointed ar Apple.

Birdman7's gear list:Birdman7's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +7 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow