FinePix HS25EXR (help with image quality)

Started Jun 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Conrad Birdie
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,809Gear list
Like?
Re: FinePix HS25EXR (help with image quality)
In reply to NOEL 100, Jun 12, 2012

Clearly much better. Of course the ISO levels are considerably more in line with the available light also. Very nice Photos.

NOEL 100 wrote:

Good day Ken,

I happily owned an S5000 for time before moving to the S6500. Initially I though the 6500 had a problem, the pictures compared to the 5000 were soft and I couldn’t work out why. It worried me so much I put it up a couple of threads on this site asking the gurus opinions. In the end the general feeling was that the S5000 was hard on its jpeg sharpening where as the 6500 was more balanced. Indeed the 6500 was one of Fuji’s better shooters and I still have mine even though I’ve recently bought a HS30.

The HS30/25 can get pretty close to the sharpness you’re used to on the S5000 but many forum members don’t like the settings, they tend to find them too sharp and would rather do sharpening in PP.

I guess that once you become more familiar with the HS30 you’ll find the settings that suit your tastes it may take a bit of time but hey that’s the fun.
The first photo is from my S5000, nice and sharp although a bit of noisy.

A second one from the HS30 with settings sharp.

-- hide signature --

Noel 100

-- hide signature --

Conrad Birdie

"The truest measurement of a man's heart is not what he does when he has wealth, but what he does when he doesn't".

Conrad Birdie's gear list:Conrad Birdie's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P510 Olympus E-510
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow