NEX7 + LA EA2 + SONY 70-400: some birds

Started Jun 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
hex anon
Forum MemberPosts: 76Gear list
Like?
Re:Dirk & Klipsen
In reply to Dirk W, Jun 12, 2012

Dirk W wrote:

Very nice pictures, thanks for sharing, and I think the Bigma sharpness at 500 looks absolutely fine. I see you have the lens loupe attached to the NEX5N, I have the same model and it works really well for focusing, doesn't it. I own both the NEX7 and the NEX5N and while the NEX7 offers more crop reserves the NEX5N's advantage is really the better ISO performance at high ISOs, because you need it for the shutter speed. The Bigma's ILIS/OS surely is a nice feature to have as well. I'll travel the US-midwest in two weeks but will only have along the SEL18200 with my NEX7, so I need the crop reserve for wildlife.

Hi Dirk, yes the lens loupe comes in very handy in brightly lit situations where seeing details on the lcd is real difficult. You mention the Bigma's ILIS/OS. I'm using my old Pentax mount w/adater, so no ILIS/OS for me. Which makes it more difficult, but I feel I did get some good shots, any way. As I said before, the next time I'm there I'll be using my tripod.
Regards, hexanon.

hex anon's gear list:hex anon's gear list
Nikon D7000 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow