iDVD stalls with iPhoto slideshow

Started Jun 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Ted Wilson
Senior MemberPosts: 1,028
Like?
Re: iDVD stalls with iPhoto slideshow
In reply to dlevitt, Jun 12, 2012

Why import the exported slideshow(movie) into iMovie? Just add it to an empty iDVD project or have iDVD make a ONE STEP DVD FROM MOVIE from the File menu to skip the menu altogether.

dlevitt wrote:

I did a short slideshow [80 images, 8:30 run time] which plays nicely in iPhoto.

When I try exporting to iDVD from iPhoto [from iPhoto's 'share' menu] iDVD launches - and that's all it does. I've left it running overnight and the little beach ball is still spinning in the morning.

Activity monitor shows 99% CPU usage, with over a gig of free memory. THis is not starved for resources, as only one CPU is pegged [the other one bounces between idle and three quarter scale. [I've done force quite from the activity monitor, and in theory a snapshot of activity was sent to Apple]

Exporting to a movie, importing to iMovie and then burning to DVD works - or almost works as the playback is not smooth.

Can anyone report an success - or propose any alternate way of burning a slideshow to DVD?
--
Save the Earth! Collect the entire set!

-- hide signature --

Ted W.

Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has
genius, power and magic in it. - Goethe

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow