Barred Owl baby tries to pick fly off face

Started Jun 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
Justme
Forum ProPosts: 20,708
Like?
Re: gear stuff
In reply to katman68, Jun 11, 2012

If you own a digital DSLR, be thankful. It means you have the means to buy and use a DSLR. I still remember the excitement of getting my first digital camera, the Canon G2. I still have it and bet it still takes great photos. I'm going to take it out of hibernation....for any years now....and use it just for fun

Excited as can be once again when the Canon Digital Rebel 300D came out. Couldn't stop shooting. Awed that it could take such photos. We had some fun in the 300D forum....those were the days.

I am not one to always upgrade for the sake of upgrading which is why I have the same camera as 5 years ago....although there are some financial reasons to upgrade when a new model comes out.....if you wait too long, your last year's model will drop in resale value very quickly.

katman68 wrote:

Another spin off that is visiting another part of the world, where to locals the concept of a camera is alien & are enthralled just seeing their face on your camera. This happened to me while in Madagascar.
A highly recommended experience to open the eyes!

It leans you towards being thankful for what you DO have, and what a fine camera the 7D(or 40D etc etc) is without all the latest greatest.

It's puzzling what some of us Americans describe as "human nature" seems more often like "American nature". Like harping over that last 10% they DIDN'T get vs praising the at least 90% that's GREAT! (this seems to be going on even with the latest great firmware news for the 7D too)
Amazing!

Cheers,
Mark

-- hide signature --

I know you mean well but please do not embed my images into the forum. Thanks for respecting that.
http://www.pbase.com/golfpic/some_recent_shots
http://www.pbase.com/golfpic/a_red_fox_family

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow