To B&H and Henryp - I canceled my order.

Started Jun 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ne beginner
Senior MemberPosts: 2,044Gear list
Like?
Disagree to a point ...
In reply to AZBlue, Jun 11, 2012

B&H offers superior customer service compared to many retailers in two areas. First, they have an LLBean like return policy. Second, they don't re-sell used (i.e. returned) items as new. I've never received anything from them that is not fresh new unopened merchandise.

Add in better prices on most things vs. brick and mortar.

Which why the D800 incident is so disappointing. Their steadfast refusal to acknowledge their culpability, make excuses, and shift blame is more in line with a 4 year old's maturity than a stellar well run business.

That is what's disappointing. And revealing. It's perhaps a glimpse of their inner thoughts, what goes on behind closed doors, and what they really think of their customers.

Their decisions on pre-orders was theirs and theirs alone. Greed lead to poor judgement. Gold fever. They chased a pot of gold at the end of rainbow that never existed. And did so at expense of their stellar customer service reputation. Sure, others did it to ... but it's what was expected of those others, and what set B&H apart. They stooped to a lower level.

ne beginner's gear list:ne beginner's gear list
Nikon D750 Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow