Started Jun 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
memo90061
Contributing MemberPosts: 582Gear list
Like?
Thinking about the K-30
Jun 11, 2012

Hello! I have been thinking about about the K-30 camera as my next camera. I'm not a professional, but I do love taking pictures. I started out with point and shoot cameras, and then I moved to Four Thirds with the Olympus E-520 (I loooooved it so much! Those Olympus colors are great!). I sold the Olympus, and bought the Canon T2i because of the video. I wasn't happy with the Canon T2i at first, but I really like it now. I've been using it with a Sigma 30mm 1.4 lens. I read about the Pentax K-30, and it seems very good.

The features that are making me want to move to Pentax is the weather sealed body. I carry my camera everywhere and I hate when it starts to rain because I can't capture any more pictures. Another reason Pentax seems attractive is because it seems that Pentax has good ISO up to at least 1000! I love taking pictures at night. Sensor shift is also a plus. The only things that I'm worried about are the lenses. I haven't seen that many used online or anywhere like with Canon and Nikon. I'm a college student, so I don't have much to spend. I also don't want to get rid of my Sigma 30mm, but I'm willing to sell my Canon T2i and Sigma 30mm if the K-30 is very good. I really love the quality of the videos on the T2i. Does Pentax have good video quality?

Thank you for your time on reading this post. I hope I get to read some replies. When is the K-30 coming out?

memo90061's gear list:memo90061's gear list
Olympus E-M1
Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4) Olympus E-520 Pentax K-30
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow