Started Jun 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
El Matadurr
Senior MemberPosts: 4,986Gear list
Like?
Nikon 35mm f/2.5 E Full Review
Jun 11, 2012

Hey there m4/3's guys. I've started doing legacy lens reviews (specifically Nikons) recently in an effort to get another comprehensive set for the public with a different view and opinion from Ken Rockwell, who seems to be the only person online with such a long list of reviews. This is the first review I've let you all know about, because the other two lenses I have reviewed so far (Nikon 180mm f/2.8 ED and 105mm f/1.8) feel like they would be too cumbersome for micro four thirds cameras.

This lens in particular is part of the extremely lightweight and compact "Series-E" that Nikon made alongside their AI-s lenses, and this 35mm f/2.5 would feel great on any m4/3 body. I feel that also due to the crop factor and lower resolution of m4/3 cameras (in comparison to the test body), the corners would perform much better.

Anyways, here you go: http://matthewdurrphotography.com/2012/06/11/lens-review-nikon-35mm-f2-5-series-e/

C&C welcome. Future reviews of compact lenses that I feel would feel good on a m4/3 body will be posted here as well.

El Matadurr's gear list:El Matadurr's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow