Started Jun 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gerelee
New MemberPosts: 15
Like?
D5100 dell deal
Jun 11, 2012

hi everyone, 1st post and i have my flame retardant suit on, ahaha.

anyway, i was looking to get possibly a d5100 (was considering the t3i but appears the d5100 is just as capable and $100 cheaper) and have an account at dell. they have the d5100 with 18-55 and 55-200 lenses for $799. i don't shoot a lot of 'wide angle', mostly what little wildlife i can find in my area, frogs, snakes, birds, etc. i'm not big into birding so i don't need really long lenses. i was an eos 1n owner in the late 90's but sold that and have forgotten pretty much all i knew about cameras since. right now i'm shooting with a canon s100 which is a great little camera but wanted something that takes better pics (maybe i'm wrong in assuming stepping up to a dslr will make a world of difference?).

i know how the technology ball bounces, new today, obsolete tomorrow, but wondered if the deal at dell was a worthwhile investment. they also offer the d5100 with the kit lens at $649 though i think that will be too short for me.
thanks for any and all replies.

btw, i'm STILL interested in the t3i but from what i'm seeing the nikon takes better pics AND is cheaper.

i mostly shoot jpegs but have recently started playing with the raw files on my s100... wow, amazing what you can do with the raw compared to jpegs. anyway, i'd prefer to just shoot jpegs for pics that i'm going to post online .. facebook, etc.

thanks again

Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Nikon D5100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow