Contributing MemberPosts: 699Gear list
Like?
Re: Pretty much right on the money
In reply to TrapperJohn, Jun 11, 2012

TrapperJohn wrote:

About what I thought.

The name is weird.
EVF is quite good.
Close enough to APS that the difference isn't worth fussing about.

And I do want to congratulate MR on something he noticed - HG ZD works very well on it. He's the first person of any stature to put the IQ of those lenses over the slower AF. My two most used lenses right now are the 45 1.8 and the ZD 50-200.

I have the 50-200mm SWD, EC-14, and the Panasonic 100-300mm. I'd much rather use the latter on the E-M5 given the the reduced weight and size and the fact that compared to the 50-200mm + EC-14 it's only half a stop darker at the long end (and 20mm longer). As I've stated in other threads, the quality is quite good except for a bit of CA. And near as I can tell, the E-M5 + 100-300mm focuses about as fast as the 50-200mm + EC-14 does on an E-620, which is priceless if you're shooting anything that ever moves.

-- hide signature --
 radsaq's gear list:radsaq's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow