Foucs on Sony A65

Started Jun 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
TrojMacReady
Senior MemberPosts: 8,363
Like?
I wouldn't say that.
In reply to 123Mike, Jun 11, 2012

123Mike wrote:

I've read it a few times now. Person sends it in, camera comes back. "Sorry we can not reproduce the problem", or, "Camera is working within specs".

Sending the lens in is completely pointless, because it's the camera that does the focusing and the lens under these conditions and these types of lenses, focus shift does not occur (and isn't adjustable regardless anyway).

http://www.mhohner.de/sony-minolta/faq.php#backfocus

"Also note that these focusing problems are never a lens problem but always a camera problem! Auto-focus is a feedback loop, and the camera will move the lens to what it considers the best focus. If you had a lens with a slightly misadjusted focusing barrel, the camera would simply move the lens further or less far to achieve an in-focus image"

I've seen many reports from people over the years that sent in their cameras to have it actually calibrated and fix the focus issue with success, sometimes with lenses offering different degrees and directions of being off.

The assumption that "Sony won't do a damn thing" would hold some truth if the above wasn't true and they all had their cameras returned without a change.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LMAONew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow