New paanasonic 12-35mm f2.8 and 35-100mm f2.8 lenses

Started Jun 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Optical1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,029Gear list
Like?
Re: another review - favorable
In reply to John Mason, Jun 11, 2012

John Mason wrote:

I hope Olympus does not avoid the 12-35 niche since Panasonic has their offering out. Seems like the two companies are dancing around each other's lens offerings looking for unfilled niches and avoiding direct competition.
--

While I hope that Olympus eventually fills in their SHG lenses on m43, I'm hoping that Oly and Panny continue to dance around each other a little bit until the system can mature a little bit more.

Prior to an SHG lens, I would like to see some HG lenses incorporated into the lineup starting with a true replacement for the 12-60 lens. The omission of this lens replacement is getting really long in the tooth...

I would also really like to see a HG 14-105 lens put put by either party. I would love to see this range covered by one lens...

After that, I would really like to see them debut the 14-35/2.0 and 35-100/2.0 replacements. Albeit at a (likely) $1k premium over the Panasonic 12-35/35-100 lenses.

Optical1's gear list:Optical1's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony RX100 Sony RX1 Ricoh GR Olympus PEN E-PM1 +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow