Started Jun 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jared Huntr
Senior MemberPosts: 1,429Gear list
Like?
V1 - first streetshooting attempt
Jun 11, 2012

Yesterday I had the chance to put my V1 through its paces as a street shooter for the first time and was most pleased with its performance. I have only myself to blame as the photographer and not the camera for missed shots, now that I have The V1's rapid AF and response at my disposal, not to mention completely silent operation.

• I shot with the 10mm 2.8, my only lens. The only time I missed a longer lens was coming across a movie shoot downtown. I see a 30-110 in my future

• used Aperture priority, with no problem shooting wide open at 2.8 and still maintaining sharpness across the frame for distant scenes

• applied my WB tweak to remove the green cast and confirmed that it is usable as a general offset to Auto WB and still render natural looking skin tones. I'm glad to have found this way to make my V1 behave as neutral as my D5000 SLR. More here: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1058&message=41742882 I did not have to tweak WB in Lightroom in any of these pics

• Did not lose any shots due to focus

• EV -0.3 to avoid the washed out look I see in many pics here

• I did not notice any operational glitches that got in the way while shooting

• slow metering did not present itself to be an issue in real life use

(more on next page)

Jared Huntr's gear list:Jared Huntr's gear list
Ricoh GR
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D5000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NiceNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow