Bulkier, heavier and far too expensive, Canon kill the XXXD..

Started Jun 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
Allioth
New MemberPosts: 6Gear list
Like?
Re: Bulkier, heavier and far too expensive, Canon kill the XXXD..
In reply to Midwest, Jun 11, 2012

I'm not saying everyone is shifting to mirrorless... Pros will always prefere the reliabilty, speed and operational choices that only a DSLR can give... No argue with that...

But for every pro, there are 50 newbies with the point-and-shoot style they've been using for the last 5 years, and the bulkyness of a DSLR is what they are scared of... That's why many people prefere to keep their choices to something they're familiar with: a mirrorless camera has far more familiar things to a compact camera, than a DSLR will ever have... Things like the Sony NEX, or the Panasonic GF series are easier than most DSLRs to the lazy new photographer...

Remember the beginning of the digital era? When the first cameras had not more than 1MP? I don't know you, but back then I was like: "these cameras are useless... you'll never reach the same detail, sharpness and quality of a good Fujicolor Superia!... Boy, I was wrong... At the moment, an EVF is nowhere near an optical one... Hands down... But give it a few more years, and technological advances... and you'll have EVF with 5MP+... autofocus tracking capable of competing with Canon 1Dx, etc... and then we'll talk again...

Allioth's gear list:Allioth's gear list
Samsung NX100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow