OMD Black VS Silver

Started Jun 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
azazel1024
Senior MemberPosts: 1,092Gear list
Like?
Re: OMD Black VS Silver
In reply to gocchin, Jun 11, 2012

It is all a matter of taste. I wanted a silver body only, then "ran out of time" trying to get one as I have an important event at the end of this month I needed the camera for (and a least a week, preferably more to check out the camera and become comfortable with it).

Ended up getting a black body + 14-42. I was rather bummed at first, but the black has grown on me. The body covering might be a little slicker or not quite as soft to the touch as the silver body (I have not handled both), but I have no real complaints about my black bodies E-M5. I do have a serious complaint about the included camera strap. I don't have an issue with the lugs digging in to my fingers like some do, but the camera strap is a joke and likes to come "unstrapped". It hasn't yet, but I also have to retighten the straps about every 30 minutes to keep it from happening (my black cloth repalcement strap is somewhere between here and China right now).

I still prefer the look of the silver body, especially as a recovering OM-1 user (my last camera). That said, the silver lenses on the black body actually doesn't look that bad to my eye. Not wonderful, but not terrible either.

-- hide signature --

Many things dealing with Olympus and their OM and Pen cameras, plus my general photography and musings http://omexperience.wordpress.com/

azazel1024's gear list:azazel1024's gear list
Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow