Terrible Experience buying X100 from an amazon seller. Please Help!!

Started Jun 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
The Developer
Senior MemberPosts: 1,594
Like?
Terrible Experience buying X100 from an amazon seller. Please Help!!
Jun 11, 2012

So, I purchased this X100 from an amazon seller. The camera came with original Fuji Leather case and a JJC lens hood as extras. I paid $850.00 for it. Seller claimed that it was a too much camera for her and that is why she was selling it - she put only 40-50 shots through it. However I have no way of verifying that (camera was reset). When the camera came in, it was misssing the printed manual - the seller said that she found it and is going to mail it to me. It was also missing the small adapter thingy on the charger (I think it is very easy to lose that). It was also missing the outer box/carton where the two inner boxes fit - the seller said that she does not have them (even though it was described as like new). I was going to shoot with the camera and not display it so I did not care about the box and the charger thingy was minor. Initially I tested the camera inside (going home after work) and was shooting at wider apertures and the camera performed well with a little bit inconsistent exposure from shot to shot - and I thought it was normal. The seller asked me how I like the camera - I said I like it. Then next morning I tried shooting narrrower apertures and found the camera has severe SAB problem. I checked the sellers return policy (this is her first sale on amazon) and it directed me to amazon's return policy page (meaning the seller has same return policy as amazon). I requested a return through amazon citing the camera as defective and also contacted the seller describing the problem. The seller did not reply to my return request or my communication in more than 2 days. Then I contacted her again asking her what was going on and she said

"I am currently investigating my rights and responsibilities with an attorney, Fuji, and Amazon.com. I am also reviewing my participation agreement with amazon.com. As we discussed, the camera, case and all content of the box that was delivered to you, cost me approximately $1500 with taxes. The camera worked perfectly for me. What proof do you have that the camera is defective?" She also said she would get back to me after her "investigation" is complete.

This irritated me, she said that the camera is too much for her and that is why she is selling it - she obviously did not have the SAB problem but she is almost accusing me of breaking the camera or lying to her face. She is not willing to take it back even though her returns policy (same as amazon's) states clearly that I could return the product. I told her that I have rights as a buyer too and filed an A-Z claim with amazon.

Now I do not know how amazon will cast it's verdict or whether I will get my money back. I might end up with a broken camera which Fuji will probably nor repair because I am the second owner. I know you guys will say I get what I pay for and this is the risk I take for buying used. I know that. But what are my rights here? Can a seller with a defnied return policy same as amazon refuse to take the camera back?

What are my options?
--
-thedeveloper

Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow