Quesion about AVCHD .MTS video (TX20)

Started Jun 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Menneisyys
Senior MemberPosts: 1,010
Like?
Re: Quesion about AVCHD .MTS video (TX20)
In reply to BigMaxx, Jun 11, 2012

BTW, do you have any iDevice around (iPad / ATV / iPhone)? They play 1080p60 video also on an external TV / monitor) after remuxing them from MTS to MP4.

BigMaxx wrote:

This is my first Sony, and first use of AVCHD which produces .mts video files. When I first tried to use these on my computer (ASUS i5 Windows 7), the .mts files were rather choppy in windows media player. And, trying to play the TX20's .mp4 files totally locked up the computer! Tried it several times, and it plays .mp4 from other sources fine.

I switched to VLC media player, which at first seemed to handle both flawlessly. However, I later noticed that the .mts files often produce ragged edges on sharply-defined edge images. The jags are horizontal, almost like raster lines. I then found that Media Player Classic with the K-Lite codec pack played these without the raster lines. I then downloaded a newer version of Media Player Classic (not from K-Lite) and it again shows the jaggies. Can anyone give me info on what's going on here?
Thanks.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow