First Time Lapse with D800

Started Jun 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Devendra
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,567Gear list
Like?
good video - looks like you used high ISO?
In reply to konoplya, Jun 11, 2012

Interesting to observe one thing - the car streaks are minimal, which implies that you shot this in High ISO with short exposures. Usually to retain quality of night shots, most folks end up using low ISO, which in turn can make cars go blurry with light streaks all over the place.

But D800 has good high iso so your shot worked for me even though I would be interested in long streaks shots in that kind of an intersection/view.

If you had created your video in 1080p then it should have uploaded in the same quality as well and youtube would have also given the options to display the same?

By the way, despite high shutter count value in D800, I wouldn't burn through my D800 shutter for time lapse But yeah it is fun to play with and I suppose you have bigger plans to use it in the future, perhaps for milky way or other dedicated creative projects. Since you are in tempe area, maybe you can try some cool milky way shots from around Superstitious mountains?

konoplya wrote:

here's my first ever time lapse i shot at nighttime from a parking structure.

youtube reduced the quality of it by a lot, so press HD to view it in a supposed 720p.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwOXOMgkNMY

any critique is welcome. also, if anyone knows whats the best format to upload videos to youtube in 1080p, i'd like to hear it.

TIA

Devendra's gear list:Devendra's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon 1 J1 Nikon D800E Sony Alpha NEX-3N
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow