ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Chuck Fralick
Regular MemberPosts: 416Gear list
Like?
Pentax Lenses
Jun 10, 2012

Folks,

I'm a new K-5 owner and bought it with the 18-55 WR lens since it was a good deal (and having had Olympus DSLRs including the E-3, and Canons including 40D and 50D, I am very impressed with the K-5). The lens is actually pretty decent in my informal tests, but I'm looking for something on the wider end. I noticed Pentax has a 10-17mm and a 12-24mm. I believe the 10-17 is a non-rectilinear design. What I'm after is something in the 20-24mm (effective) range that is relatively distortion-free. Max aperture is not all that important to me, so an f3.5-ish lens is fine. I want something sharp and with no glaring optical issues. There is plenty of discussion on the telephoto lenses and the primes, but the reviews on the 15mm are not as glowing as the other Limited lenses.

Anyone have experience with the wide zooms and/or 15mm and would be willing to relay experiences? Third party lenses? Also plan on getting the 50-135mm and the 31mm Limited. Just need something wide. I do a fair amount of landscapes, so want the wider focal length.

Regards,
Chuck

Chuck Fralick's gear list:Chuck Fralick's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Pentax MX-1 Nikon Coolpix AW110 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 +3 more
Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 50D Olympus E-3 Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow