Started Jun 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Valiant Thor
New MemberPosts: 3Gear list
Like?
D800E Problem - Should I Return It?
Jun 10, 2012

Hello friends, this is a dilemma. I am not a pro photographer, but a mid-grade amateur. I save for a long time to finally get a really super camera and ordered the D800E from B&H months ago. Without warning, I received it last week and was so excited to get started but immediately discovered a problem. When looking through the viewfinder there is a fairly large speck of dirt near the middle of the view. I first thought it must be the lens or maybe the outside viewfinder glass, but no. It is not on the sensor since the speck of dirt does not show up on the photos and cleaning did not help. It is somewhere inside the viewfinder system and it is so annoying because when you look through the viewfinder, your eye goes right to it.

So my question is, what would you guys do? I'm within my 30-day return window with B&H and can get an RMA but it sure is a bummer after waiting so long. I can't believe that Nikon quality control would ship this camera with that dirt in the viewfinder system. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Valiant Thor's gear list:Valiant Thor's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Nikon D5300 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow