Started Jun 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bob Tullis
Forum ProPosts: 26,368Gear list
Like?
Seeking horizon & foreground.
Jun 10, 2012

A gray moody day turned out to have a nice ending sky. By the time I saw it coming I didn't have much chance to 'position'. The nearest place from here is a neighbor's field, unkept but with somewhat of a view, 1/2 mile down the road. I had 10 minutes until sunset, and the sun dips behind the ridge earlier than that.

Missed the pre-set show while running up the road - saw it sky through the thick roadside forest, but there was no clear view. I want to call it a run, but it was just a fast walk. Reached the field after the sun dipped and scouted for a composition for the dusk. Quickly took a shot as a foreground element was hired on as a feature. Then set up the tripod to work it further. Took a series of 5 1-stop AEB, but in the end only needed the first exposure from each lot.

LR4 & Color Efex

Going to give it another try this evening, but have a bit more time to scout and size things up. Later. . .

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
http://www.bobtullis.com

"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Little Big Man

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +18 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow