Started Jun 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RevolvingSheep
Junior MemberPosts: 43
Like?
DX vs. FX and D7000 vs D800
Jun 10, 2012

I bought a D90 two years ago and a 35mm f1.8 lens after taking a film photography class and moving into a digital class. After many photography classes later as well as Creative Suite training... I have decided to work with photography professionally.

My D90 has been great, but as I take this into the more professional realm, I would like a 2nd body... especially one that handles better in low light situations. I am looking at either the D7000 as a 2nd DX body, or the D800 FX. Obviously if I go with the FX, my lenses won't be interchangeable, but I imagine I will upgrade the D90 to an FX eventually as well. Does it even make sense to have a DX and an FX.... should both cameras match?

What are the differences between DX and FX anyway, especially in relation to more professional work? What are the differences between a D7000 and a D800? What about the upcoming D600... can I get some info on that?

I am wanting to provide a wide range of photographic services including portrait (outdoor and indoor, but I do not currently have access to a studio), small event (100 people or less), children, pets, live music.... and I am also really into fine art and will be shooting that on my own.

Any input is appreciated, thanks!

Nikon D600 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow